Clearwater, FL 33762 US
- · Perform various duties in extrusion process to maximize machinery output and produce quality first pass materials.
- · Foster open communication and collaborations within the department by reporting problems and maintenance needs to the foreman, as well as making sure the helper is aware of the daily plan and responsibilities of that plan.
- · Support and facilitate quality associates and their work knowledge by assisting new associate in training.
- · Enhance customer satisfaction and decrease material rejections by ensuring plastic is made according to customer specifications (gauge, size, color) and all paperwork is filled out accordingly.
- · Other duties and assignments as required.
- · High School Diploma/GED
- · Forklift license preferred
- · 1-2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- · Intrapersonal Skills - Self-motivated and able to identify, examine, and resolve issues independently from others. Hold a strong regard for guidelines, procedures and integrity.
- · Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- · Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- · Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Tools include: micrometer, die tool, allen wrenches, basic wrench set
- · Verbal & Written Communication Skills – This position requires basic skills (Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.)
- · Math Skills – This position requires minimal skills (add, subtract, etc.)
- · Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- · Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- · Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- · Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others to complete production schedule.
- · Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- · Customer & Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- · Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
Physical Requirement: Demanding. Must have ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. Employee must be able to sit, climb or balance, hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, talk, and reach with hands and arms.
Working Conditions: Duties are performed in a manufacturing plant environment: can be high heat, high humidity, exposure to electrical shock and mechanical parts, exposure to exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals with fumes and/or airborne particles.
Overtime: Required as needed.
Hours: Shifts vary and last 8 hours.
7PM-7AM Overnight shift MONDAY-THURSDAY