St Petersburg, FL 33702 US
Summary: The primary goal of this position is to add “value” to the customer by ensuring adequate quantities of required material and services needed for the successful completion of the customer’s assembly arrive on time, on budget, and in good condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understanding, reviewing and acting upon the information provided by our internal system reports to ensure that sufficient quantities of each item are available when required for kitting.
· Understanding and being sensitive to the economic value and market conditions that may occur in each buying decision and coordinating these decisions with the needs of our customer through our CSR’s.
· Performing purchasing reviews during our contract review process. This information must be complete, concise, accurate and useful.
· Providing proactive, timely information and positive problem solving assistance in matters regarding the location and procurement of any and all material and/or services required for the build of assemblies or customer defined product.
· Becoming in-house resources of component and vendor knowledge and being willing to proactively offer this knowledge when required for the benefit of team members and/or customers.
· As defined, work specific customer requirements ensuring material compliance in meeting customer required dates and expectations.
· Become expert in assigned material commodities ensuring strategic sourcing and adherence to meeting material committed dates and quantities.
· Monitoring the performance of our vendors in areas such as On-Time Performance, Quality and cost targets.
· Displaying responsibility, ownership, a sense of urgency for all issues regarding purchased material and services.
· Display a willingness toward “volunteerism” in assisting others and balancing workloads within the department
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
· Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks
· Works under general supervision
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
· Other duties as assigned
Comprehend and make inferences from complex written material and verbal and/or written instructions. Read and understand blueprints and/or engineering documents. Make mathematical calculations and draw logical conclusions. Proficiently perform computerized word processing, comprehension, summarizing and writing/editing. Broad base of technical/product knowledge and ability to grasp new concepts quickly. Detail-minded, deadline-oriented and organized with the ability to work on many varied tasks under time pressures.
8 AM to 5 PM.